Ecole Doctorale en Sciences Biomédicales et Pharmaceutiques
Ecoles Doctorales Thématiques rattachées à titre principal :
- École Doctorale Thématique en Sciences Pharmaceutiques (EDT6)
- École doctorale Thématique en Cancérologie Expérimentale (EDT39)
- Ecole Doctorale Thématique en Immunologie (EDT48)
- École Doctorale Thématique en Neurosciences (EDT49)
Ecoles Doctorales Thématiques rattachées à titre secondaire :
- École doctorale Thématique en Biologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Biochimie (BCMB)
- École doctorale Thématique en Chimie moléculaire, supramoléculaire et fonctionnelle (CHIM)
- École doctorale Thématique en Physiologie, Physiopathologie et Pharmacologie
- École doctorale Thématique en Sciences vétérinaires (VETSCI)
- École doctorale Thématique en Structure et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques, Bioinformatique et Modélisation (SFMBBM)
- Président: Pierre SONVEAUX – UCLouvain:
- LAURENT Sophie – UMons:
- NOEL Agnès – ULiège:
- TRUYENS Carine – ULB:
- POCHET Lionel – UNamur:
Our Scientific Objectives
According to the European Medical Research Councils, the main objective of biomedical research is to decipher unsolved yet medical enigmas by trying to develop innovative tools, approaches and technologies devoted to an optimized diagnosis, prevention and treatment of life-threatening human diseases.
The scientific breakthroughs over the past half a century have brought an unprecedented revolution of biomedical research that enabled the progressive implementation of personalized medicine in the current clinical medicine and healthcare strategies. Despite this tremendous development, the Europe is still challenged with critical health topics, such as cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative disorders, as the most devastating diseases, but also with obesity and metabolic syndrome, ageing population, allergy and chronic diseases.
In the framework of this progressive and challenging picture of the biomedical research, our commitment is to endow doctoral candidates with scientific, technical and practical resources crucial to promote their enthusiasm, curiosity and creativity, their aptitude to conceive and manage basic or applied research projects and teams, and to communicate and defend their scientific results and ideas in the front of the national and international peers. The final goal is to provide doctoral candidates with a high quality scientific and professional education and render them able to adopt optimal decisions within an industrial or academic environment.
We kindly invite the PhD students in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences to join us in this great scientific adventure by registering on our website and attending our different activities or recommending others. Please do not hesitate to interact with us and we shall do our best to assist you in your different doctoral activities.