GRANTS FOR DOCTORAL ACTIVITIES
The Doctoral School in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences has the pleasure to invite you to apply for grants of doctoral activities providing credits for PhD training.
The call is open continuously and concerns PhD students wishing to attend scientific meetings, but also to academic researchers intending to organize meaningful scientific conferences in the framework of PhD students’ education.
- PhD grants: PhD students are invited to apply for up to 500 € per academic year in order to attend international scientific conferences or courses related to their PhD project.
- Grants for scientific meeting organization: Academic researchers are invited to apply for up to 1000 € per academic year for the organization of scientific activities meant to train PhD students in the field of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences.
DOCUMENTS TO JOIN WITHIN YOUR REQUEST FILE:
- PhD grants: Eligible applications should include the CV, a motivation letter, the program/description of the event, the scientific abstract and a proof of its acceptance, a proof of registration (if available) and a list of other sources of funding (granted or submitted) that would cover the same travel. Priority for funding will be given to applicants who have been selected for an oral communication.
- Grants for scientific meeting organization: The call of meeting, the proofs of speaker(s) invitation and the confirmation of their participation, the number of registered participants, the number of PhD students registered to the meeting (or expected to be registered) and the book of abstracts (if available), a list of other sources of funding (granted or submitted).
- The grants will cover costs of event registration, airfare (economic), public transportation (trains (economic), etc) and hotels/lodging, not covered by other grants.
- The grants will not cover the cost of any expense prohibited by the applicant host university policy. Expenses should be paid by credit card.
- The Doctoral School will not provide the grant in advance.
- Notification e-mails are sent to applicants approximately two to three weeks after the submission of the request file. Partial awards may be granted.
- Once the grant awarded, acknowledgment of Doctoral School support must be included on posters, PowerPoint presentations, or any other materials presented or distributed during the event.
SUBMIT original RECEIPTS:
- All documents should be signed by the PhD student supervisor (for PhD grants) or the meeting’s chair (in case of scientific meeting organization).
- Provide all original receipts for registration, travel and lodging.
- Provide conference program documentation
- Provide the event attendance certificate
- Make copies of all receipts for your own record.
Upon returning from your trip, send all documents by regular mail to the following address:
Prof. Carmen BURTEA
Service de Chimie Générale, Organique et Biomédicale
Laboratoire de RMN et d'Imagerie Moléculaire
Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie
Université de Mons Avenue Maistriau 19,
Bâtiment Mendeleïev B-7000 Mons, Belgique